I have just come back from 8 days in Northern Ireland. It’s a fascinating place with breath taking natural beauty, friendly people, and, perhaps most famously, a difficult past. For the first couple of days my friend Debs and I went to stay on the stunning north coast, in Europe’s city of culture for 2013; […]
This week, a friend of mine gave me a documentary he said I needed to watch. It’s a low budget production by Dan Merchant, and it’s called, “Jesus save me from your followers.” The tag line is, “Why is the Gospel of Love is dividing America.” Dan suits up in a one piece overall covered […]
I do a lot of sitting around coffee tables and speaking about God and the Church, and as far as I can tell there are, broadly speaking, two kinds of people who sit opposite me: those who are impressed by certitude, and those who aren’t. I would put myself firmly in latter category. I have […]
Praise for the Book:
"If you prefer to watch the battles of the institutional church from the sidelines, then this book is not for you. It's a firm shove off the fence of passive spirituality."
"Witty, cynical, personal, and deeply hopeful. A breath of fresh air to church-goers, and non-church-goers alike."
"A clarion call for the reclamation of the authentic Gospel of Jesus Christ for our society, for our times, and for our churches."
"Irreverent about the things the institutional church reveres, and reverent about the things the Kingdom is all about."
‘Like’ on Facebook
- Stuck 04. May, 2009
- Doubting Faith 07. Mar, 2011
- Heartbreak Empire 13. May, 2011
- Scary Thoughts 03. Nov, 2009
- Navel Gazing 31. Mar, 2009
- The Need to Create 26. Jun, 2013
- Walls 08. May, 2013
- Egoism to Altruism 01. Mar, 2013
- My White Lie 17. Nov, 2012
- Keep Walking 02. Jul, 2012
- Terry: In regard to the name thing...I guess never mind. ...
- Terry Stenz: I was googling for Ken Keyes quote--which I first ...
- Jacques: Nice post Sean. As a truth seeker I must say that ...
- Gavin: On the other hand, I think you might look really g...
- Sean Tucker: You might be taking this post a little literally, ...