I had a comment on this blog a few weeks ago which got me thinking. The comment was: “Seriously, instead of talking/bitching about the shortcomings of the institution (of which there are obviously many, but that’s not the point) why not find a place that’s already doing something about it and tag along for the [...]
A few things conspired this week to make me question what I’m doing with this blog. Am I too negative? Am I just another burnt, ex-minister having a go at church because I feel hurt by the institution? Am I just a bad person? Should I actually have listened to my granny, who always told [...]
Praise for the Book:
"If you prefer to watch the battles of the institutional church from the sidelines, then this book is not for you. It's a firm shove off the fence of passive spirituality."
"Witty, cynical, personal, and deeply hopeful. A breath of fresh air to church-goers, and non-church-goers alike."
"A clarion call for the reclamation of the authentic Gospel of Jesus Christ for our society, for our times, and for our churches."
"Irreverent about the things the institutional church reveres, and reverent about the things the Kingdom is all about."
‘Like’ on Facebook
- Stuck 04. May, 2009
- Doubting Faith 07. Mar, 2011
- Heartbreak Empire 13. May, 2011
- Scary Thoughts 03. Nov, 2009
- Being Human 04. Sep, 2011
- Walls 08. May, 2013
- Egoism to Altruism 01. Mar, 2013
- My White Lie 17. Nov, 2012
- Keep Walking 02. Jul, 2012
- Collective Conscience 12. Apr, 2012
- Jacques: Nice post Sean. As a truth seeker I must say that ...
- Gavin: On the other hand, I think you might look really g...
- Sean Tucker: You might be taking this post a little literally, ...
- Jennifer: You said in part ------- And I don’t like to admit...
- Terry Stenz: I read the following meditation by Richard Rohr im...